Thursday, November 29, 2012

Secret Zumba Night

Okay, my mom friends, this post is especially for you.

Two nights a week, Mondays and Wednesday nights is Zumba night. I put on my work-out gear, take my bag with a towel and water and take off. My son is used to my Zumba routine and whenever I put on my runners, he asks in his cute little voice: going to Zumba mommy?

Here is my secret.

I haven't gone to Zumba class for the last 2 months. I haven't stopped my exercise routine and I do go to the gym or for a run, BUT some of my Zumba nights have changed. Sometimes Zumba means going to the library and actually taking the time to read the titles or sometimes it means sitting in a coffee shop and people watching or going to the pharmacy and trying on make-up samples and getting expert advice.

I haven't told my husband or my son: it's my little secret, it's my time and it's delicious! I hadn't planned on sneaking out on my class, but found myself driving there one night and 'not going'. I didn't think to mention it when I got home and presto! Secret Zumba night was born!

(just go with it, honey, if you read this post! ;)

I figure this little untold white lie falls in the realm of other little things we don't necessarily share with our family like going out to get a brazilian. Am I right?

If you already have your "Zumba night", then I'm glad to be part of the club! If you haven't joined in yet, please do. Schedule it in!

Where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment