Friday, October 29, 2010

Top 5 Mommy Tools of the Trade

1. My slow cooker! How wonderful it is to prep when Baby is napping and to smell dinner when we come home from the park! It's the best! Check out the web or Secrets of Slow Cooking for tasty recipes. The lamb tagine with raisins is amazing! (Thanks Dolly for this discovery)

2. The Kensington Library. I love my local library. No late fees for kids gives you plenty of time to find books lost in the car or under the couch. Our favorite book these days is "Gallop", a scanimation picture book. The library also offers cool programs like "Man on the Moon" a story time hour with dads and babies only. How cool is that?

3. Our dishwasher. To think that my husband and I almost bought a 101 year old, fixer-upper house without a dishwasher this summer.... what were we thinking? I love, love, love my dishwasher!

4. Cardboard boxes. Nothing new here. Best toys ever.

5. Smelly soaps.  I treat myself to a fancy soap every month. Off limits for my husband. ah ah! It's cheaper than a massage and smells like the spa!

No comments:

Post a Comment