Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moments of Mindfulness

Yesterday, I was sitting on a bench overlooking Trout Lake and breastfeeding baby. It was easy to be mindful at that moment. There was an unusually warm wind coming up from the water, birds and ducks hidden behind the reeds were singing a happy cacophony, the sun was shimmering on the water peeking in and out of a gray cloud and baby was happily sucking away with his eyes closed. It was beautiful and so, so peaceful. Nature has a way to stop me in my tracks, and demand I pay attention.

With the white and yellow crocuses poking out of the ground, seems Spring is timidly announcing itself and it's easy to spot the colors after so much greyness.

Just outside Baby's room there is a crow's nest carefully guarded by our local crow couple. Other crows have come to check out the real estate, only to beaked out forcefully.

This morning I was woken by a hail storm and now that I no longer live in a ground floor apartment, I could really enjoy the force of showering ice on the roof.

The dogs at the park, they know something's up. The lake's not frozen, the air smells like melting muck and squished grass, all highly enjoyed by the canine folk.

I love Nature. How absolutely deliciously divine!

"Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be"
-Eckhart Tolle



    No comments:

    Post a Comment