Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Healthy Snack Ideas

My neighbor Lisa was asking me a while ago about ideas for snacks. Us moms, all have our favorites, but sometimes it's nice to try something else besides bananas and cheese bunnies! Here is a list of snacks I give my boy (he's 22 months and addicted to noodles), please click on the post and add more to the list! Share-sies!

1. Coconut-oat balls: Roast coconut, oatmeal, and flax meal in a pan. Blend almond butter, dates and bit of hot water in a blender. Mix wet with dry ingredients and form little balls, re-roll in coconut and chill. YUM!

2. Pancakes: Take any pancake recipe you like, there are tons of them online: apple, banana, pea, or corn. Make a stack of bite size patties and keep them stored for several days. Serve with apple sauce, almond butter or yogurt. Dip-Dip!

3. Pita pockets: I smooch everything into pita: bananas and almond butter, thin apple slices and cheese, avocado and sprouts, shredded carrot and hummus, the ideas are endless.

4. Smoothies: Go crazy with the blender, fruits and veggies galore! I've experimented with adding ginger, cinnamon, tahini, almond butter, and coconut water. I always add a leaf of romaine. (My boy isn't big on green things-YET!)



No comments:

Post a Comment