Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Boys' Special Genes

I was shopping at Superstore the other day and I saw 3 boys dressed as firemen sitting in carts. Three! I'm convinced that boys have a special gene: the firetruck gene. There is also the train gene and the truck gene. It makes sense that babies learn early on words most needed for survival and basic comfort, your know, words like Mommy, Daddy, water, eat etc.. but why goo-goo (train), a car (anything with wheels) and nee-no-nee-no (firetruck)? What is it with modes of transportation?

A while back I was walking along with a friend by the train tracks in Gastown and a train was going by so I decided to take a short video to show Baby. I never realized at the time how popular this 3 minute video was going to be. Every time the computer is on, Baby says: Goo-Goo! I bought a play train I found at a second hand store and I was planning to keep it for Christmas, but seeing how excited he was about the train video, I pulled it out recently. My boy has fallen in love with it! Is there a scientific reason for this deep adoration for anything on wheels? I couldn't find one. If you know one, let me know meanwhile I'll be busy tracking down (pun!) more rail pieces!  GOO-GOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment