Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun for Worms- Part 2

Two years ago I wrote about the lack of composting in our complex. Since then, no changes have been made by strata. The faulty fire alarm which wakes us up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason has taken priority. That makes sense. In the previous post Fun for Worms, I had found a composting container that you could install under your kitchen sink, but unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to spending the money for it. I have found a more affordable solution: compost bags and a mom willing to share her compost pile! We fill about two per week, and freeze full ones until it's time to take them to mom's. You can pick them up at Canadian Tire for about $3 for 10. What about the stink factor? If you stick to fruit/veggie bits, egg shells, tea bags, and used coffee filters, it really doesn't smell and you can throw the whole thing into the pile! No need for messy ice cream containers!


No comments:

Post a Comment