Monday, March 26, 2012

Put Your Stick in my Wheels!

If you haven't been down to Grandview Park since they renovated it, take a stroll down and you might catch a bike polo match. As stated in the Georgia Straight, it's the first court built to bike polo specifications in the world, and with the new seating, you can enjoy a strong Italian coffee in the sun and watch players expertly maneuver their bikes to make a pass. Bike polo is not a new thing, the East Van Bike Polo Club have been playing there since 2006,  but it was new to me when I was there yesterday. It was pretty exciting to watch and I really like the fact that there seemed to be a nice diversity of male and female players. Takes some major skill. I'm sure they've heard this a millions times, but I really don't know how they don't put sticks in each others' wheels. Pun intended.


No comments:

Post a Comment