Friday, May 18, 2012

Unboxing Summer Clothes

Unboxing my summer clothes has unleashed a whole new a cascade of wardrobe malfunctions. In an effort to reduce the pile of laundry of these slightly box-smelling clothes, I've realized some of the reasons I've come to this point.

1. I'm fighting the fact that my uniform should consist of t-shirts with various mosaics of stains, and stop buying "prettier" clothes which inevitably get stained on the first day I wear them.

2. I'm a compulsive pattern shopper. Every item I own has a pattern, none of which go with any other pattern I own. Hence the pile of solid t-shirts, which I mentioned before get patterned soon enough.

3. I've lost the ability to make outfits which my sensible grandmother and mom have always done. This is lost mostly because I shop sporadically during the year, buying one item at a time and along with my pattern obsession, well, I don't want to repeat myself. It makes sense right? Wait until September, buy several items at a time that go well together, put down a healthy amount of money, and don't return to shop until May.

4. I just have too many clothes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment