Monday, June 11, 2012

Spend Less Month Update

I've started my 30 day wish list which simply works like this: every time you want to buy something, you write it down on your wish list, if after a month you still really desire it, then you can return to the store and purchase it. This 30 day wait also allows the universe to send things your way inexplicably.

On my 30 day wish list so far:
  • Ikea shelf to house our crafts
  • Sewing machine (this has been on my 2000 day list and I still want it)
  • A frying pan
  • More plants
  • A kettle (I melted mine yesterday-oops)
Here's a list of some of the free things that have appeared in my life this month:
  • I used up a consignment credit I had at Little Earth to buy the kid a new raincoat and presents for his little buddy's birthday.
  • My mom donated beautiful flowers, rhubarb and chives from her abundant garden, yay! and a whack load of babysitting.
  • We had our lovely neighbors over for a BBQ, pooled all our leftovers together and had a feast!
  • A giant V of geese flew over our house, just now.
  • Lots of good library books.
  • 4 strawberries from my patio garden.
  • A lovely glass of white wine and fun conversation, sitting on the stoop with my neighbor and her friend.
  • A sunny day strolling around the city with my girlfriend and a free live Bhangra concert.
  • 2 tickets to a play featuring my very talented friend.
  • A weird, but interesting basket found by the garbage.
  • A rainy morning at the Aquarium with my oldest and dearest friend and her family who were on their way back to Kelowna from a trip abroad. Saw some new penguins!
  • A family bike ride through Strathcona while taking lots of fun photos.
Mural on near Stratchcona School

 How's my budget so far? Let's see.

There are 20 days left in June and most of my variable expense categories except for groceries are still at 0 or well below half allocated. So yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment