Monday, January 7, 2013

A Secret Birthday

Today is your 3rd birthday. You've been sick this week, so we cancelled your party and stayed away from your friends. This morning we didn't shower you with gifts, we decided to reserve all the hoopla for next weekend, but unbeknownst to you, I've been celebrating you today. We pulled out the photo album with pictures of you in my belly and I talked to you about the day you were born. I erased all of my plans today, and I let you make all the decisions; you picked what you wanted to eat, what you wanted to play, where you wanted to go and I completely focused on you.

Family and friends are starting to call to wish you a happy birthday, so the secret is out, but while it lasted, I really enjoyed celebrating you quietly, attentively, reverently, just as we did the day you were born. I love you baby boy. Happy 3rd birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment