Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thoughts I live By

I've never been one for quotes or motivational posters. I don't stick notes in my home or at work to remind me that I'm beautiful, or collect rocks with words like peace or love etched on them. I'm also not too big on affirmations, they usually end up feeling like a nagging roommate sticking post-it notes here and there to remind me, yet again, to put away the milk.

All that being said, as I was thinking over this last year, I've noticed things I say to myself on a consistent basis. These thoughts live inside me, so I don't need to write them down or make a poster out of them. Here are my top 4. Plus one from my mom.

There is only the present moment.
Make it simpler.
How can I create today?
I forgive me.

This too shall pass.

These have served me well in 2012, so I'm keeping them for 2013. What about you? What thoughts do you live by?


No comments:

Post a Comment