Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lady Lemon Delight vs Mr. Sandy Lump

A friend of mine and I had just came back from a nice walk in the Endowment Lands, and decided to stop in for tea at a new shop on MacKenzie and 33rd. As I drove by, I noticed it was "Butter". Have you ever had any baked goods from there? It's called BUTTER people, you do the math! F****ING A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I hardly put my foot on the brake, kept driving and yelled, "It's Butter! We can't go in there for tea! Nooooooooo!" My friend looked a bit confused.

That was a close call.

Last night I had a dream I was on a huge cruise line with everyone I've ever known. This didn't seem weird at all, and the 5 mile long dessert buffet didn't either. There was every cake, tart, muffin, pudding, cookie you could imagine all there on display, like exotic jewels in a case. I was running along the tables trying to find my kid.

Must be the sugar withdrawal.

So in an attempt to appease this madness, I found a "healthier" cookie recipe with oat flour, banana, coconut oil and raisins which ended up tasting like little mounds of sand with the occasional sweet ping of a raisin. There's no use in making "pretend cookies" when my mind is dreaming of chocolate chips, butter, and sugar.

So I had a green drink.

Then some Valentines came to the door: chocolate and cookies. An hour later, another knock on the door, this time homemade lemon bars. I can hear those sour-sweet yellow bars of sunshine singing happy polka tunes in my cupboard. "We are so sweeeeet, and you know it! Bite me like you meeeeean it, um-pa-pa!"

Husband to the rescue?

Lady Lemon Delight vs Mr. Sandy Lump

I think I lied when I said that I don't crave sweets since I've taken sugar out of my diet. Obviously, I do, but the reasons for eating sweets are never ending; seems there's special occasion every other day, and so tonight I win my battle with a Medjool date and a cup of tea. Take that!



No comments:

Post a Comment