Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pre-Travel Stress Busters

Five more days and we leave for Brazil. Everyone is asking me if I'm okay, if I'm ready to go, if I still have lots of things to do before I leave.  I'm not really thinking about it. There are some suitcases upstairs that get filled little by little, otherwise,

I love my days. Yesterday, I...

1. Built a train track with the kid.
2. Sewed a yoga bag for my mom.
3. Rode my bike in the sunshine.
4. Sat on a bench with my neighbor and the kid, chatting and staring into the sun.
5. Walked up to a restaurant and ate tasty noodles with the kid and my mom.
6. Got a book from my mom.
7. Got good mail from my friend Christy.
8. Found a fun game at Value Village for $3.99.
9. Sipped on chilled green drinks.
10. Was kissed with a smile by my husband.

The day before, I...

1. De-cluttered a closet.
2. Jumped on a bridge with the kid at the park.
3. Watched the kid watch a guy load garbage bins on a flatbed truck.
4. Did a strength work-out for an hour.
5. Cuddled in front of the t.v. with my husband.
6. Played street hockey with the kid.
7. Made my friend Karen's fennel orange salad.
8. Visited my husband at work.
9. Threw a load of warm laundry on my kid.
10. Read a funny book.

It's been awesome. I'm ready to go. I'm ready because I feel so loved by my friends and family, because there's family waiting for us in Rio, and because nothing in a suitcase really matters.

Robin I saw while riding my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment