Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daycare Adventure

I was browsing in a consignment furniture store on Main Street yesterday and overheard the owner of the shop chatting with his buddy. It was more loud talk, you know, like you get the impression that they want you to hear everything they are saying. So I can't say that I was eavesdropping or even overheard, but just plain heard them talking about their kids and how they loved daycare because they get to do fun things that they don't get to do at home like painting. This got me thinking not so much about painting, 'cause Baby is doing great in the arts department, but more about his stimulation.

Part of 13 month old babies' programing is exploration and sometimes I get the feeling like he's thinking: "Mom, I love you, but could I see someone else for a change?" or "Mom, I've played this cup toy enough already, I got bored of it 3 months ago, and you keep giving it to me." Okay, so I'm probably projecting, but still, not that I would prefer to send him to daycare full time, I would however like to find ways to stimulate him. So just to get started with the daycare thing...

Okay, so I'm probably eons away from getting Baby into daycare because I didn't put his name down on "the list" sometimes after my high school graduation and before his conception, but I thought I just try looking for fun.

I Google-mapped (yes, Google-map is a verb.) " day cares Vancouver BC" and at first glance it seems the map is littered with little red dots! Whoo-hoo! Look at that! But, no. Scroll over the little red dots and what pops up? DOGGIE DAYCARES!!!!! Stupid me. So take those away and in Cedar Cottage-Kensington, it's pretty slim pickin's especially if you minus after school care and care for kids with disabilities. I count 1 or 2 possibilities.

Okay, so googling might not be the way to go. Maybe the Westcoast Child Care Resource Center can help. I'll give them a call. More on this Daycare Adventure soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment