Monday, February 21, 2011

SOS Cuisine

Okay so as a mom with a 13 month old who loves to be held,  here's the type of cuisine I can manage:

1. Five ingredients or less.
2. One pot only, or slow cooker.
3. Less than 3 ingredients to chop.
4. Nothing with hard to find ingredients like lime leaves, ghee, sundried pomegranate seeds or juniper berries.

So forget fresh quince stuffed pork chops with fresh passion fruit salsa.

Toast is good. Goes well with jam. Goes well with butter. Goes well with cheese. You can smush a banana on it. Or an avocado. Toast is yummy.

I barely have time to look at recipes even when I've bookmarked them online or earmarked them in magazines. My girlfriend even traded recipe books with me and it seems like I'm still standing there at 3pm in the afternoon wondering what to make for dinner. What's with that?

Oh, some say, make a plan, write a list, go to the store on the weekend and start early by preparing most of the meals on Sunday. YAH, OKAY. Not happening. So to do most of the thinking for me, I've decided to revisit SOS Cuisine which a great site which allows you to choose according to your tastes and eating values. Every week you receive a menu plan for the week, the matching shopping list and step by step instructions on to put all together. You can collect your favorite recipes in your virtual cookbook. So here goes, let's see if I can be saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment