Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Wanna Do It!

Got my feet up on the patio with a cold beer I normally wouldn't be enjoying, but with this heat, it's refreshing. My man is upstairs conked out in bed with the fan on after a long flight back from Montreal, and the boy is parked in front of Caillou. Yup, I'm not proud of it, but I used Caillou to bargain with him. One extra episode in return for coming to the store with me without throwing a tantrum. It's just so hot and the air so thick, I feel like any little whine will send me over the edge. It's probably also because I need a break from the kid. Wanna play? Mommy? Wanna play?

Playing is um.... interesting these days. It's definitely a 2 and half year old thing and it's tricky to play with a toddler who constantly says: "No, Mommy! It's my turn! No, Mommy, I wanna do it! No, wait! Mommy, you do it! No, Mommy my turn! I wanna do it!"

What about Mommy? What does Mommy want? Mommy wants to take a cold shower. Mommy wants to find shade under a tree with a good book and a cooler full of ice cold water. Mommy wants to close her eyes and sleep. It's MY turn!

Okay, that's it for my little rant. I went down to the underground storage and pulled out another fan and now I'm just waiting for my man to finish bath time with the boy to scoop out some coconut ice cream. I've regained some sanity.


Happy Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment