Saturday, August 4, 2012

Value Village Score!

Sometimes Value Village rocks! It's stinky work to go through all the junk, but when you find what you need, it's like finding a treasure.

For a grand total of $20, I bought:

A bowl of buttons
2 patterns
3 yrds of fabric
43 zippers

I figure I saved myself about $80, and that's on the low side. One of the pattern was vintage and had a price on it, $1.85, while the newer one cost $11.50. Crazy difference! Gotta think of some cool stuff to make with my rainbow of zippers! I also scored with a nice knit with boats which is crying out to be pajamas bottoms.

Value Village Sewing Loot


Organic canvas snack packs
Yesterday I made some snack packs out of organic cotton canvas. I bought one at a fair once and paid $7. Making my own, not accounting for my time, I figure mine cost about $1 each. Once I figured out how to hide all the seams, I made a mini production line and finished about 8 in a few hours. I love to use them myself for nuts and dried fruits, but you can use them for fruits too (although maybe not berries). You just need to turn them inside out when you wash them.

No comments:

Post a Comment