Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The World Cycles

It's about time I write a bit about "The World Cycles" on our street. Danu opened his bike shop just after we moved in a few years ago. He's super friendly and you can tell he's really passionate about bikes. Not only does he offer top-notch service, he has a fantastic collection of old Schwinns, newer bikes for all different uses, and any other bits and pieces you might need.  On any sunny day, there is a constant stream of people whizzing down the hill in front of our house, testing out his vintage bikes. You'd be hard-pressed to see one of them without a giant smile on their face.
Danu rides the ride, if you can say that. He commutes from Lynn Valley on his retro-fitted electric Schwinn to save his legs for mountain biking on his days off. (lol) As for me, I already had a pretty good old Rocky Mountain, but I wanted that cruiser feel, so Danu set me up with a set of wide handlebars and voila! This season, I'm going to add on some "paniers" for my farmer's market yummies, and a nice seat for the boy. Trust me, it's worth a little detour on your wheels to come check out The World Cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment