Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remembrance Day Weekend

Where should we go? Go to the States? Wait in line at the border? Go to the Island? Pay an arm and a leg and a foot for the ferry? Go to Whistler? Las Vegas? Go to Kelowna and visit friends? Take the train to Seattle? Seems we can't decide. Everything seems blah... or too complicated with the baby... or too expensive....but we have a 4 day weekend!!! Shouldn't we make the most of it and travel?

Well, it's Thursday morning, it's raining and cold outside. I'm at home with my tea, Geraldo installing safety gates and Baby is napping. I'm starting to give up on traveling....On Sunday we might regret staying home. So be it. Besides it's time to remember.

War. I can't imagine how it feels
I was born in 1973
My grandpa, he trained in the army
He would run through an airfield
while planes dropped 10lb bags of flour on him
I wonder how he felt at that time

He didn't go to Europe in the end
He had 8 kids instead, is a great-grandpa
and is celebrating 60 years of marriage
Too many Canadians didn't make it
To be grandpas and great-grandpas
and those who did make it back
they still remember...
Thank you, all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment