Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reading Myself Loud and Clear?

There's that feeling again. That indescribable itch that won't go away. I tried to make it go away this morning by taking off on my bike and riding around East Vancouver in the cold sunshine. It was still there when I got home. Then the itch made me snap at my sweet husband who was focused on installing our new flat screen television. Okay, so I took my itch to the mall, I thought I could make it go away by finally treating myself to a much needed winter coat. Bad idea. There was some sort of "sidewalk sale" and even though it was sunny outside, the crowds were going insane for a deal. I looked in a few stores, bought a much needed fleece instead, and gave up. Did some grocery shopping on the way home, thinking the itch would go away if I bought lots of yummy fruits and veggies for the week. Nope, the itch was still there. I walked back to my car; Baby in one arm leaking pee on my coat, one hand holding a grocery bag about to break while pushing the stroller, one hand holding the car key, one hand catching my coat about to fall off the stroller, and another hand holding my new fleece. (Did you see how many hands I can instantly grow? It's a secret mom thing.) Anyway, I got home. The t.v. looks great. I put Baby down for a nap and made some tea. I'm here now and although it seems like the itch is fading, I know it's still there, humming the same song over and over again. What's it saying? Feed me? Run? Get drunk? Sleep? Call someone? Take a bath? I can't tell. Here's what I suspect it's trying to tell me....

It wishes for more than 1 hour alone with my husband. Time when we are not tired, not doing chores, or shopping, not wearing our house clothes, not wondering if Baby is about the wake up at any moment, not at home, not talking about Baby, or doing chores or shopping. That's what I suspect the itch is telling me. It wants time for something else. Less a cook, less a cleaner, less a party planner, less a family organizer, or menu and activity planner.

It wants to have fun. Less mommy fun. More adult fun like before....
Might be time for a date... we'll see, even that takes so much work now.....
It's worth it. Then the itch might go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment