Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We Won a New Playground!

In an earlier post, I talked about how the school up the street had a rotting, decrepit playground and how I wished Lord Selkirk Elementary could win a new cool place for kids to play and guess what?! WE WON! I was so happy to see in my inbox today that Lord Selkirk Elementary School is one of the 11 winners who will be sharing in the $1,000,000 Aviva Community Fund! I can't believe it! There were hundreds of well deserving ideas across Canada and several in Vancouver, and the judges selected us! I have to say that those who participated in organizing the candidacy and spreading the word in the neighborhood deserve a big applause. I'm glad my vote made a difference and I can't wait to take Baby!


Congratulations to the Lord Selkirk Elementary School-Celebrating 100 Years of Community in Cedar Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment