Saturday, July 28, 2012

Measure First, Cut Second

The natural, easy and flowing lines of the clothing on the cover of Shapeshape caught my attention so I bought this book as a souvenir of my trip down to Lummi Island. The first project I attempted is the "vest" on the cover of the book. Okay.

Mistake#1: Notice the author is Japanese, and probably the model too. Notice how the vest on the model is gently flowing over the bosom. Yup, you guessed it. Once finished my vest looked more like tight scarf wrapped around my armpits and forget about flow. I undid the seam at the neck and added a good 6 inches of fabric to lengthen the whole thing.



Mistake #1- Do not try to get around not bothering with buttons and button holes. No shortcuts here. My fantastic machine actually made super buttonholes in 3 seconds flat, so I was very pleased!
 

Hanging it doesn't really show it off...
Trying to model this darn vest.
requires a zillion shots to get a decent one

No comments:

Post a Comment