Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Travel Sickness and Packing Light

There is a reoccurring pattern in our family; colds and sickness like to come around just before or during vacations. Why is that? Because we're working too hard just before to make up missed work time? We're running around trying to get everything packed and cleaned before the departure? We develop an allergy to relaxing? So here is my plan to alleviate the "stress" of travel.

I'm making a big pot of cold green tea, in honor of light travel. I am toasting myself for being extra conscious as we are about to go away, to pack light and to remember that leaving the comforts of home is part of the adventure! Here's what I'm keeping in mind as we get ready to go.

I will take naps.
I will smile a lot and have fun.
I will make an effort to meet great people, because they know the great places.
I will eat slowly and savor flavors.
I will be present and won't think ahead about what we're going to do.
I will read a lot.

Happy Trails!



No comments:

Post a Comment