Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Mass

Yup, I'm one of those "practicing" Catholics who occasionally go to mass. There were a lot of us at Christmas Eve Mass. Most of the time, I am conflicted about being Catholic, there is so much I disagree with and yet, I forget it all when I walk into church. There's something really magical about a packed church on Christmas Eve...

Last year, I was pregnant and about to have my son. I thought a lot about Mary, traveling on a donkey (she's must be blessed to suffer that) and having her baby in a pile of hay. How brave she was to have this child and trust that everything was going to be okay. So I sought comfort in that. That I could be brave and that my birth would be great. And it was!

This year, I thought about us, us on earth, children of God. I thought about my son, how much I love him, and then I knew how much God loves us. As his children, we can fall and make mistakes, and he will always love us. Isn't that comforting? That we are always loved?

God loves me, even if I only "practice" occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment