Saturday, December 11, 2010

Michelle Allard with the Magic Hands

Michelle is a great friend I've know since high school, 20 years ago (already, yuck). She's multi-talented, and when I say multi-talented it doesn't really seem to capture what I really mean, more like multi-talented in many different ways with lots of talent. Yah, that's better. You could say that she might have magical hands... She uses them a lot to transform living and non-living things into new, beautiful, unique, and thought provoking shapes. I would never assume that I can talk intelligently about the art that she creates, most of the time I can't understand what artists are saying about art even though it's in English. But I can say that when I see her pieces, I'm taken away from myself and the room I'm in for a moment. They make me smile. I want to touch them. And that's what I like about her work.



I went to her opening the other night. Put Baby down to sleep and booted downtown to see her piece. Downtown at night! Oooohhh, it's been so long. I miss those nights of fancy cocktails... I digress. I took a picture, but my camera (it's the camera's fault not me) just didn't do it justice. SO, I'm posting other images you can easily find online instead. Google her and you can find lots of neat things she's done. Go Michelle! You're awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Eastvan mom! You are a tremendous inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete