Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Babyproofing Your Marriage- A Great Book

"I expected to add diaper, pacifier, formula to my new motherhood vocabulary-I didn't think f*!k and s#*t would feature so prominently!" Lisa married 5 years, 1 kid

Babyproofing your Marriage, 2007
Funny. Babyproofing Your Marriage-How to Laugh More, Argue Less, and Communicate Better as Your Family Grows is a hilarious, down to earth book written by real mom authors, Stacie Cockrell, Cathy O'Neill and Julia Stone. At first, I was saying to myself: "yawn, not another self-help book that takes 233 pages to explain a one paragraph concept.", but I decided to give it a try and do some armchair reading slash breastfeeding.

I absolutely loved this book. It covered everything that's missing at those mommy groups and what other parents are too tired to share with you. The best chapters are "What's the score? The post-baby battle of the sexes" and "The sex life of new parents. Coitus non-existus." Too tired to read? Cartoons are included.

What's also really nice about this book is that it's written for both women and men and highlights real examples from both moms and dads! Also provides lots of useful advice on how to say goodbye to your "single, where should we fly to this weekend, pour me another glass of wine self" and embrace "your turn to change diapers, what's my name, I'm so tired self."

Visit the library or order online!

No comments:

Post a Comment