Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time Out

Baby is almost 1 year old. I'm finding myself being extra conscious of my time breastfeeding him, knowing that some day soon, he may not want to anymore. I've noticed that there's something so relaxing about sitting, Baby at my breast surrounded by peace and quiet. Like a mandatory time out several times a day. Like parents say to their kids: "Sit there and think about what you've done!" and I do. I sit there and admire my Baby. It makes me think about Muslim people who pray 5 times a day. I suppose we could do the same, Muslim or not, but there something nice about having someone, or something to "force" you a bit to stop. And a latte at Starbucks doesn't count. Maybe breastfeeding is part of the whole big amazing miracle of birth, not only to feed our babies, but to allow moms a moment of respite. Amazing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment