Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Christmas Present to Myself

... Knives.... you know you have these your drawer, don't try to deny it!:

  • The one that wobbles from side to side making your cheese slices more like cheese lumps.
  • The one that feels like an axe, winding it up way above your head to get any cutting power.
  • The one that feels like a saw, back and forth, pushing hard and working up a sweat just to get through the skin of a tomato.
  • The one that gives you blisters! Blisters? Yes, blisters!
  • The one that should be for cutting, but is only good for poking the toast out of the toaster
  • The ones that are rusty, bent, and dented, the ones you grab out of a friend's hand, and say: "Oh, no don't use that one!"
So this year, as I notice that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing meals for my family, I decided to splurge. Get the best tool of the trade, and drop the cash on the counter! $161 of pure joy! Presenting my new Henckels 8" Professional Chef's knife, all the way from Germany!

I came home and tested all the crappy knives on a potato. Then I pulled out "Henk" and massacred my potato with a giant smile on my face and what feels like butter in my hand. I've made a special place in the drawer for him with little "Henky" which we got as a wedding present. All the other knives have gone on to knife heaven.

I am definitely adding "Henk" to my previous post "Mommy Tools of the Trade" along with my slow cooker and our dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment